Milefield Primary School is part of Hoyland Common Academy Trust having converted on 1st July 2021. Following academy conversion a transitional board of governors will remain in place for the academic year 2021-22. The Chair of Governors is Peter Bell. Contact can be made via email at: MFPSChair@hcacademytrust.education
The Trustee link Governor for Milefield Primary is Alan Richards. For further information in relation to HCAT & Board of Trustees please click here.
The Role of the Governing Body
Effective governance is based on six key features:
– Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
– Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
– People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
– Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
– Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
– Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Governing Body works in partnership with Milefield Primary to support the strategic leadership of the school and ensure the continuation of rapid and sustained improvement. Governors work effectively with senior leaders to uphold the school vision and core values, ensuring the best possible education and outcomes for pupils.
The 3 core strategic functions of the Governing Body are:
• Ensure the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
• Hold the Headteacher and senior leadership team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Oversee the financial performance of the school
Milefield Primary School Governing Body comprises of of co-opted governors, parent governors, staff governors and a trustee link. Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of reference for each Governor. The term in office for each governor is 4 years from 4/10/21 – 3/10/25.
As this is a newly formed LGB/transitional board, we are currently in the process of electing a Vice Chair & allocating governor roles and responsibilities as follows:
Our Current LGB consists of:
Chair of Governors – Mr Peter Bell (Co-opted)
Trustee Link – Mr Alan Richards
Co-opted Governor – Mrs Sally Bean (Co-opted)
Parent Governor – Mr David King
Parent Governor – Miss Victoria Robinson
Teaching Staff Representative – Mr James McClure
James is the Deputy Head at Milefield Primary School. He oversees Teaching and Learning, Literacy and Early Career teachers. He was voted on the board by staff at Milefield.
Non-Teaching Staff Representative – Miss Leyan Jones
Leyan is the lead of pupil welfare and attendance throughout school. She is parent liasion within school. She was voted on the board by staff at Milefield.