Milefield Primary School is part of Hoyland Common Academy Trust having converted on 1st July 2021. The Chair of the LAC is Peter Bell. Contact can be made via email at: MFPS.Chair@hcacademytrust.education
The Trustee link Committee Member for Milefield Primary is Alan Richards. For further information in relation to HCAT & Board of Trustees please click here.
The Role of the Local Academy Committee
Effective governance is based on six key features:
– Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
– Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
– People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
– Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
– Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
– Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Local Academy Committee works in partnership with Milefield Primary to support the strategic leadership of the school and ensure the continuation of rapid and sustained improvement. Committee members work effectively with senior leaders to uphold the school vision and core values, ensuring the best possible education and outcomes for pupils.
The 3 core strategic functions of the Local Academy Committee are:
• Ensure the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
• Hold the Headteacher and senior leadership team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Oversee the financial performance of the school
Milefield Primary School Local Academy Committee comprises of of co-opted members, parent members, staff members and a trustee link. Please find below details of how our committee is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of reference for each Governor. The term in office for each governor is 4 years from 4/10/21 – 3/10/25.
Please follow link for Members’ register of business interest: 2022-23 Register of business interests .
Members’ roles and responsibilities are as follows:
Our Current LAC consists of:
Chair of Committee- Mr Peter Bell (Co-opted)
Peter has a long standing career working in school governance and is currently the School Governance and Alliance Board Service Manager at Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council (BMBC).
He has been a school governor for over 20 years and is also the Chair of Governors of a local authority maintained primary school in Wakefield. He has recently become a member of BMBC’s Schools’ Forum.
He is contactable via the email address: MFPS.Chair@hcacademytrust.education
Trustee Link – Mr Alan Richards
Mr Richards is a trustee from HCAT with many years experience and is a National Leader of Governance (NLG). He sits on our LGB to strengthen the link between the trust and the school.
Co-opted Committee member – Mrs Sally Bean (Co-opted)
Mrs Bean is a full time teacher in a Barnsley primary school. She trained to be a secondary Science teacher and eventually moved into primary teaching. She now leads ECTs, early reading and Phonics in her current school. She is also member of the governing body at the school. She is contactable via the chair of governor’s email (above) please place FAO Sally Bean in subject.